Maskcara Beauty


Maskcara Beauty

Do you close your eyes and hold your breath when your apply hair spray? Of course. It smells bad and good sense says don’t take in elements that belong only on hair. When it comes to applying makeup, you put it directly on our skin. That’s what it’s designed for, right? True, but what you may not realize is that you are putting it on your skin and IN your body as well. Something to think about...

Your skin is the largest organ of your body.  Its major functions are protection, excretion, secretion, regulation, sensation, and absorption.
 
  • Protection:  The skin is a “waterproof” barrier and the body’s initial defense mechanism against foreign invaders. 
  • Excretion:  The skin works to remove things from the body using excretion (think sweat, i.e. the use of sweat lodges in Native American cultures).
  • Secretion:  The skin transports important materials (hormones, enzymes, saliva, ets..) through the skin using secretion. 
  • Regulation:  Your body temperature is regulated using sweat that is excreted. 
  • Sensation:Sensory nerves end in the epidermis of your skin that allows you to feel things it comes into contact with. 
  • Absorption:  Your skin also ABSORBS everything it comes into contact with (although how much your skin absorbs of different substances varies depending on the water solubility of that substance).
Figure 1. structure of the skin

ABSORPTION IS EVERYTHING What your skin is able to absorb gets into your circulatory or your lymphatic system.  It travels through your body and enters a system of mechanisms that filter out toxins (liver, kidneys, etc).  On the way, however, it can be mistakenly grabbed by enzyme receptors or even by an immune cell.  What happens if that toxin interacts negatively with a cell and consequently mutates?  Boom, you could have an allergic reaction or even a developing cancer cell.  Thank goodness for our Natural Killer cells that take care of the day-to-day cell mutations we all have common.

Figure 2. passive penetration
After taking courses in anatomy, physiology, cell biology, neurology, and many other “ologies”, I have become incredibly wary of any ingredient I either cannot pronounce or do not recognize.  I WILL NOT BUY A COSMETIC OR FOOD PRODUCT THAT HAS INGREDIENTS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PROPERTIES OF.  I can tell you that there are some completely harmless compounds that the “normal” individual will not be able to pronounce or will not recognize.  I have an extensive background in the sciences and have spent hours in the lab playing around with chemicals... I research chemicals ALL THE TIME and look at their structures, whether they are water- or oil-soluble, what they are similar too, and what structures in the body they can interact with.  I want to know what I am ingesting.

Now, to get into the fun part of this very long and scientific blog entry I have written.

Have you ever thought about what was in your makeup?


I have.  Guys, the amount of chemicals in most makeup brands is terrifying!  Once I really started studying chemicals and how they interacted with one’s body, combined with the fact that I would react badly to nearly every makeup I put on, I actually stopped wearing makeup.  I just could not believe what chemicals were in makeup.  I also cannot believe that some makeup brands do not have an accessible ingredient lists.

Once I had graduated from college and started working as a ballet teacher, I was absolutely in love with how gorgeous all the women around me were.  How they always seemed put together.  The difference was the time they put into their hair (which I still do not do) and their makeup.  I have to admit, I was a little jealous. Since I had so many bad reactions with so many makeups and couldn’t use them.

One day in January of 2018, I was talking with a good friend of mine.  She started telling me about this fabulous makeup that she had and that she was an Independent Artist for this newer makeup company.  I just could not resist asking for more information.  Eventually, after my own research and her rave reviews about the product, I gave it a try.  You guys, I FELL HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF!  So much so that I have become an Independent Artist for this company.

MASKCARA BEAUTY

I am not exaggerating when I say this makeup is the cleanest and most affordable makeup I have found.  The ingredients fit on the back of the 1x2 inch tin, with room to spare.

     for example   
MOONLIT highlight: liquid paraffin, petrolatum, ozokerite wax, beeswax, cetyl esters, lanolin, zinc stearate, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, ultramarines

   
     here are the definitions  
- ultramarines: mineral sources from places
such as clay for synthetic pigment.
- titanium dioxide: is a naturally occurring oxide of titanium, also known as titanium white, and is used for pigment.
- iron oxides: is simple as it sounds, it is iron and oxygen combined, and is used for pigment.
- phenoxyethanol: this is a glycol ester that is used for antibacterial purposes.
- zinc stearate: this is a “salt” used to repel water.
- lanolin: is wax secreted by wool-producing animals.
- cetyl esters: a translucent synthetic wax.
- beeswax: wax produced by bees.
- ozokerite wax: naturally-occurring wax.

- petrolatum: Vaseline, anyone?
- liquid paraffin: a mineral oil.

Seriously guys, CONTACT ME!!!
Instagram: @amhufflepuff


Diagram sources:
Maskcara Beauty, by Maskcara HQ - https://aidanhuff.maskcarabeauty.com/en
Unknown Pintrest - link if found!
Figures 1 and 2 -https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277309261_Skin_Deep_The_Basics_of_Human_Skin_Structure_and_Drug_Penetration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survival Mode

Welcome!